Didactics of Computer Science 3
FdI 3 - Accompanying Seminar for the Practical Semester in Computer Science
The Accompaying Seminar for the Practical Semester in Computer Science discusses the following topics:
- Planning and Analysing Computer Science Classes
- Gender and Diversity Models
- Performance Diagnostics and Assessment
- Using Media in Computer Science Classes
- Planning and Evaluation of Theory-based Explorations in the Context of a Research or Class Project in School
Graduates of this module ...
- plan, execute, and reflect the fundamental elements of learning and teaching computer science in school. For this, they use their fundamental knowledge in computer science and their ability to work scientifically as well as their didactic knowledge and abilities.
- make use of the paradigms of a constructivist learning theory to design learning environments and learning opportunities.
- choose methods for giving class reasonally and goal-oriented from a broad spectre of methods and use them to plan their own class units.
- dispose of sufficient practical competences for using school-relevant hardware and software and are able to choose and assess appropriate learning media and learning software for use in class.
- dispose of knowledge and abilities to use their knowledge about computer science and methods for giving practical classes that are appropriate for the target audience of pupils.
- know the different perspectives of computer science with its specific approaches to knowledge acquirement as for example construct, proof, and empirical methods.
- are able to understand computer science matters in different contexts, to evaluate them objectively and ethically and to give reasons for the relevance of these areas for individuals as well as for society.
- are able to professionally design concepts for giving class and class media, to evaluate their content, and integrate new developments in the area of computer science into class in a way that is appropriate for the audience.
- know specific challenges of gender and diversity in computer science classes and dispose of didactic competence to integrate them into the design of a class.
- dispose of initial and reflected experience in competence-oriented planning and execution of computer science class and know fundamentals of performance diagnostics and assessment.
- are able to use concepts of computer science didactics and knowledge of computer science-related research in learning and teaching to analyse learning difficulties and images by students, to motivate pupils to learn computer science, to connect to their everyday experience, and to promoteand to assess their individual learning progress.
- dispose of competences for field-related reflexion, communication, diagnosis, and evaluation and are familiar with the working and knowledge production methods of computer science didactics.
Prerequisites for the module are competences in computer science didactics as taught in the Bachelor module Introduction to Didactics of Computer Science. To participate in the accompanying seminar for the practical phase you have to have successfully graduated in the preparatory seminar.
- Level: M.Ed.
- Offered in: Summer Semester
- Course Language: German
For additional information on regulations please check the Module Catalogue and the entry in Campus Office.