MeinBerufBauCopyright: LuFg i9
The joint project MeinBerufBau focuses on trainees with a learning disability who (would like to) complete dual training in a training occupation in the construction industry in the sense of a narrow understanding of inclusion. The aim is to develop digital learning settings that provide new forms for collaborative learning by trainees with and without learning disabilities. The focus here is on designing barrier-free learning and education processes to support trainees in learning and exercising a vocational activity over the long term.
MeinBerufBau focuses on basic vocational training (1st year of training) at the Kerpen training centre, where the learning applications developed are to be anchored as a constitutive element of training in the sense of sustainable implementation. A transfer to other inter-company vocational training centres is aimed at in the long term.
Together with the Berufsförderungswerk der Bauindustrie NRW in Kerpen and the Academic and Research Department Technical Didactics of Structural Engineering of RWTH Aachen University, we are developing and testing inclusion-oriented learning settings which, based on content or subject-specific learning barriers, are linked to the individual learning prerequisites of the trainees in a potential-oriented manner and systematically refer to real practical requirements. In this context, it is planned to develop a toolbox with learning applications for the collaborative development of specialist training content. In addition, didactic-methodical and technical instructions for trainers are designed to support the integration of learning applications into the vocational teaching-learning processes. During the testing phases, we and the Academic and Research Department Technical Didactics of Structural Engineering provide scientific support and evaluate the use of learning applications from a didactic, methodological and technical perspective.
Our task lies in particular in the technical development and implementation of the toolbox. For the development we rely on cross-platform technologies to make them available for as many mobile devices as possible.
This project is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research and we are working together with the Academic and Research Department Technical Didactics of Structural Engineering of the RWTH Aachen University and the Berufsförderungswerk der Bauindustrie NRW in Kerpen.
Publications and Presentations
- Mobile barrier-free learning applications in the construction industry (Noichl, Korth, Schroeder), Mensch und Computer 2019, Hamburg
- Conception of mobile, inclusive tasks and help tools in the education of the construction industry (Noichl, Korth, Schroeder), DELFI 2019, Berlin
- Digital media as a tool for inclusive learning in inter-company vocational training centres in the construction industry - The project MeinBerufBau (Rexing, Bozkurt, Goos, Korth, Lange, Noichl) in BAG-Report. Heterogeneous learning groups in construction engineering vocational training. Issue 1/2019 (Volume 21), August 2019
- MeinBerufBau APP
Are you interested in a thesis on this topic? Ms. Svenja Noichl will be happy to help you!
- Ulrich Goos, Dr. Askim Bozkurt: Berufsförderwerk der Bauindustrie NRW
- Professor Ulrik Schroeder, Svenja Noichl: Learning Technologies, RWTH Aachen University
- Professor Volker Rexing, Susanne Korth: Academic and Research Department Technical Didactics of Structural Engineering, RWTH Aachen University